Before registering for this session, please note, it is going to be an in-person session and will be held at the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario office in at 130 King St. W. in Toronto. You MUST attend in person to participate, there will not be an option to join this session virtually.
Please carefully review the visitor protocols for attending an in-person session and ensure that:
- You have completed the Vaccination Status Attestation Form for CPA Ontario Visitors . You must also complete the Covid Health Assessment Form onsite upon arrival at the session.
You will need to complete the COVID Health Questionnaire for every visit.
- Please note that masks must be worn in all common areas and when social distancing is not an option (this includes in the classroom and will be a requirement for all instructors and participants).
- Our training rooms are at 50% capacity to ensure social distancing, and sessions will be capped, so enroll early to avoid disappointment.
- CPA Ontario’s landlord, Brookfield Properties, continues to operate as per WELL Health-Safety Rating protocols, public health guidance, and the Public Health Agency of Canada with respect to precautions for limiting the spread of COVID-19.
CPAs are looked upon as the ones to provide financial and strategic leadership to their organizations and their communities. Having the knowledge and acumen is one thing; but getting up and speaking, persuading and selling to a group of Senior Managers, Board Directors, Clients and Customers is something entirely different.
This session teaches the core basics of effective speaking, presenting and persuading, and provides opportunities to practice these learnings in class in front of all the other participants.
- Understanding and knowing the three Fundamentals to Great Presentations - the audience, the topic and yourself
- Learning and practicing the essential delivery skills that everyone should possess
- Incorporating the most persuasive words to use in your presentations
- Perfecting the skill of “thinking on your feet”
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
This program is designed for all who want to further develop and enhance their public speaking skills; to those who firmly believe in Warren Buffet’s assertion that “ people can improve their value by 50 percent just by learning the communication skill of public speaking ”.