This course provides a concise overview of robotic process automation (RPA). This refers to a constellation of technologies that conduct high-volume, repeatable tasks that previously required humans to perform. These "bots" can automatically log into applications, enter data, do calculations, complete tasks, make decisions based on predefined parameters, and log out. While still evolving, RPA applications have the potential to automate many accounting functions, transform business processes, and accelerate financial workflows.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify at least 5 ways RPA technologies differ from VBA (Visual Basic for Accountants) or Excel Macros
- Explain at least 5 ways the technology can be applied to accounting work
- Point out at least 5 economic and business forces that are driving the growth of the technology
- Use at least 6 RPA marketplaces to compare the leading technology vendors.
- List at least 20 case studies that provide guidance on how to successfully implement the technology
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Practitioners who want a basic, non-technical understanding of robotic process automation and how to apply the technology in their accounting operations and workflow.