This course provides a concise overview and non-technical explanation of the Metaverse. This is an ecosystem of immersive digital environments and creative reality simulations. At first mention, you may think the Metaverse sounds like a fantasy world in the latest futuristic Hollywood blockbuster, and actually you’re not that far off. While the concept is still evolving, the Metaverse has become a buzzword in mainstream media and a driver of industry dealmaking. Corporate leaders are calling it the biggest opportunity for modern business since the creation of the Internet. The Metaverse is expected to take shape over the next decade with the rapid convergence of technologies such as AR (augmented reality), VR (virtual reality), IoT (Internet of Things), 5G, blockchain, and cloud computing. Countless companies -- from big tech to the Big Four -- have already announced ambitious plans to contribute to this virtual world. Ultimately, the metaverse represents the natural evolution of the Internet, and the next phase of the mobile web. You’ll walk away with a foundational understanding of key Metaverse concepts and how to prepare for this new technology frontier. You’ll also discover how this emerging virtual dimension is on course to fundamentally transform society, the global economy, the accounting profession, and even reality itself.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- What is the Metaverse?
- A Brief History of the Metaverse from Web 1.0 to 2.0 to 3.0
- Key Social, Economic and Technology Forces Driving the Metaverse
- Metaverse Case Studies from Around the World
- The Economic Impact of the Metaverse: Leading Forecasts
- The Enterprise Metaverse
- How the Metaverse will Impact the Accounting Profession
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define the Metaverse and how it differs from previous generations of the Internet
- Identify at least 10 social and technology forces that are driving the development of the Metaverse
- List at least 20 Metaverse case studies and success stories
- Describe at least three ways the enterprise Metaverse is different than the consumer Metaverse
- Explain at least 12 ways the Metaverse will impact the accounting profession
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Practitioners who want a basic, non-technical understanding of the Metaverse and how to set themselves up for long-term success in this new digital business landscape and creative reality frontier.