This course will be held in person at a location in downtown Toronto to be determined soon. In the event that we are unable to host the course in person due to COVID-19 public health guidelines, we will will pivot to a virtual offering of the same program and refund you the difference between the in person course and the virtual course. This will be communicated to you several weeks prior to the course start date.
- Mon, Nov 14 @ 9am - 5:00 pm
- Tues, Nov 15 @ 9am - 5:00 pm
- Wed, Nov 16 @ 9am -5:00 pm
- Thurs, Nov 17 - Thurs, Nov 24 --> 2-3 hour online optional exam, to be done on your own time during this week (can be done in parts within the week).
CAREER STAGE: Mid-career
In our increasingly complex environment, it is critical all business professionals understand and embrace risk management as a key discipline. This program has been designed to help leaders anticipate, prepare for, and quickly respond to evolving business threats and opportunities. By understanding and properly managing risk, businesses can thrive, create value, and achieve a competitive advantage.
- Learn about Risk, Risk Management, and the Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Develop the ability to identify, prioritize and treat the various risks that may have a critical impact on business and choose the optimal risk mitigation strategies.
- Develop successful strategies for reporting on risks for senior management and boards.
- Learn to use key risk management tools: Risk and Control assessments, Risk Bow Tie and Key Risk indicators
- Understand how Enterprise Risk Management is being applied within our current environment of COVID – 19, and with emerging business trends such as ESG
- Develop the ability to predict various risks that may have a critical impact on your business
- Learn a variety of risk response and management approaches
- Develop effective risk communication and reporting to all stakeholders
- Exposure to and application of tools, templates and instruments for risk identification, analysis, and evaluation
This highly interactive and hands-on learning program will include instructor led discussions, group discussions and case studies and real-life examples all supported by a current and comprehensive resource materials package.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Accounting and finance professionals who are responsible for balancing risk management with performance goals of an organization.
Click to meet your instructor and learn more about how we have adapted our in-person training to a virtual environment.
Participants who complete the program are eligible to write an optional certificate exam. The exam is not mandatory, however Certificates of Completion will be awarded only to those who successfully complete the exam. Course email confirmations for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) tracking purposes will be sent to all participants regardless of exam participation.
NEED APPROVAL TO ATTEND?
EMPLOYER REQUEST LETTER