Learn how to cultivate your leadership presence by identifying and bringing your best self forward. Hone your communication skills, receive coaching from top-rated Ivey faculty, and practice with a peer network of other leaders.
Successful leaders know how to have an impact. Great leaders know how to inspire. The Ivey Communication and Leadership Presence for CPAs course takes your leadership presence from good to great through the power of authentic communication.
This transformative course is designed for leaders who are ready to move beyond traditional approaches to communication. Through a deeply personal process that links leading-edge research, neuroscience and sociology with guided self-reflection, you will learn how to cultivate your leadership presence by identifying and bringing your best self forward.
Throughout the course you will practise your communication skills, receive coaching from top-rated Ivey faculty and build a global network of peers to provide support when you need it most. Return to work with the confidence to navigate tough situations, master difficult conversations and communicate your vision as a leader who inspires from a place of self-awareness and other-awareness.
NOTE: This course is delivered virtually over five weeks and includes 32 hours of learning. Expect highly interactive live sessions led by expert Ivey faculty, small peer learning groups, online simulations and self-paced learning journeys.
Group rates are available. Save 25% if three or more employees register for the same course. Contact Nirmeen Hasan, VP Learning, CPA Ontario at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Wednesday, September 14, 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 15, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 22, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 27, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 29, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 6, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
|Your best self || Develop a deeper understanding of your authentic self through self-assessments and guided reflections; Define and articulate your leadership presence; Learn how to lead with your best self |
| Leadership communication competencies||Understand the key communication skills that contribute to superior leadership outcomes; Learn how to integrate dimensions of character and commitment for more powerful communication and inspired leadership|
| Communicate in context|| Master the skills needed to put your best self forward in any context: in-person, on the phone and virtually, over video; Receive personal feedback on your leadership presence from peers and faculty|
| Equitable communication||Learn best practices related to equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI); Understand approaches and learn techniques that strengthen your ability to build authentic connections with people who think and work differently; Learn how to break silences and engage in ways that are meaningful and respectful|
| Authentic conversation|| Bring your best self forward in any conversation; Learn how to navigate difficult, crucial and confrontational conversations from a place of self-awareness and other-awareness|
HOW YOU LEARN
This course blends contemporary academic research with practical, case-based, experiential learning and real-world expertise. The Ivey Business School approach inspires true behaviour transformation in executive leaders. Participants come away with actionable business insights and access to a network of alumni that supports continuing individual growth.
Expert faculty draws on deep knowledge in learning design to drive highly interactive, live sessions, small peer learning groups, coaching, simulations and self-paced learning that is deeply experiential and grounded in case research.
Learning methods include:
- Self-paced learning that incorporates pre-recorded videos, readings and case studies
- Live sessions led by expert Ivey faculty
- Discussion sessions with peers in private forums and guided self-reflection exercises
- Peer learning sessions to share experiences, exchange ideas and collaborate to solve challenges in virtual breakout groups during larger sessions
- Online simulations using realistic challenges where leaders can test action against immediate feedback in individual or team-based scenarios
- Opportunities to test leadership skills in online simulations, apply concepts in critical decision-making moments and navigate team dynamics—just like in real life
- Individual assessment tools to enable deeper self-awareness and provide an opportunity to reflect on the learning journey
- Gain a deeper understanding of your best self
- Master the art and science of authentic communication in any context
- Strengthen your ability to connect with people from diverse backgrounds
- Hone your capacity to navigate difficult conversations with confidence
- Grow leadership presence and return to work as a leader who inspires
WHO WILL BENEFIT
This course is suitable for emerging CPAs or experienced executive leaders looking to master authentic communication skills and develop their leadership presence to enhance performance and influence in any situation. Whether they are Managers, VPs or Executive Directors, participants should have at least five years of business experience.
While not required, we often recommend that two leaders from one organization attend together to maximize learning outcomes and generate dialogue for your entire team, not just course participants.
EARN YOUR CERTIFICATE IN LEADERSHIP
The Ivey Academy and CPA Ontario Certificate in Leadership is a collaboration between CPA Ontario and The Ivey Academy at Ivey Business School to deliver professional leadership development tailored for emerging and established CPAs alike.
Please visit our website for more information on this unique learning experience and how to earn a Certificate in Leadership.
Each completed course awards a digital badge to signify your accomplishment. You can share these badges across social media, websites, ePortfolios, professional networks and email signatures to highlight your enhanced skill set and expertise.
After completing three courses of your choice, you will receive a Certificate in Leadership. This powerful credential signifies your diverse leadership skill set and ability to manage through disruption.
NEED APPROVAL TO ATTEND?
EMPLOYER REQUEST LETTER