Winter Sale. Discount already applied.
Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 8:30am - 12:30pm
Thursday, March 10, 2022, 8:30am - 12:30pm
Would you like to find important documents in 10 seconds or less? Would you like to ensure that all your digital information is safe and secure? Would you like to improve efficiency in workflow? Of course you would, and with a little planning and guidance, you will be on your way to realizing these and other benefits associated with a paperless office. No one expects a completely “paperless” office, but reducing the amount of paper we shuffle can lead to tremendous rewards and in this course, you will learn best practices and proven processes for effective document management.
By participating in this program, you will learn how you can implement simple, inexpensive document management systems at an individual, work group, or small business level. You will also learn how you can implement more sophisticated and comprehensive document management systems – complete with automated workflow processing – that would be appropriate for larger offices and organizations. Your instructor will guide you through issues such as digitizing hard copy files, exporting and importing data from specialized applications into a document management system, key hardware and software considerations, and the policies necessary to facilitate a successful office. Upon completing this course, you will have a comprehensive understanding of your options and a clear direction of how to implement your own version of the Paperless Office.
At the end of this seminar, participants should be able to:
- Define key paperless terms such as Document Management, Records Management, and Business Process Management
- Estimate the Return on Investment of moving to a paperless environment
- Create a Records Retention Policy appropriate for your organization
- Identify the three components of a successful document management initiative
- List key characteristics of Electronic File Cabinet solutions and Document Management solutions and typical costs associated with these systems
- Identify key hardware and software requirements for successful document management, including scanners, storage, memory, operating systems, and network considerations
- Describe key data backup, disaster recovery, and business continuity issues and identify key vendors in this area and the solutions they offer
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Accountants and other business professionals who are seeking to improve document management processes in their organizations.