CAREER STAGE: Any
This event includes 4 hours of Ethics CPD.
NOTE: This is an On Demand session. This course is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Once registered, you can access the material at any time. However, you will only have access to the course for 30 days AFTER REGISTRATION.
Review the CPA Code of Conduct and how to stay onside.
This CPA Ontario seminar will cover the basics of ethics for accountants. The seminar will include a review of the oversight and disciplinary process, the Code of Conduct for CPA Ontario and the standard of behaviour expected of a professional accountant.
The course will explore the top broken Code of Conduct rules in Ontario since 1987. Participants will examine Ontario disciplinary cases in detail, including the sanctions imposed in each case. The oversight and disciplinary process, and Code of Conduct for CPA British Columbia and Alberta will also be addressed.
Participants will gain an understanding of what the rules are, unacceptable behaviour and how to abide by the Code of Conduct.
Please note, there is a final quiz at the end of this course.
- Learn about the oversight and disciplinary process for CPA Ontario, British Columbia and Alberta
- Examine the layout and content of the Codes of Conduct
- Discover the top seven broken rules of Ontario's Code of Conduct that have accounted for 90% of the disciplinary cases since 1987
- Hear detailed stories of discipline cases in Ontario including the sanctions imposed on CPAs
- Review key recommendations to help abide by the Code of Conduct
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Professionals looking to learn about ethics in accounting.