NOTE:This course is offered online over four, half-day, live, instructor-led sessions. All sessions include regularly scheduled breaks and breakout rooms for virtual networking and group discussions. Recordings of all sessions will be available to all registrants:
- Mon, Nov 14, 2022 @ 8:30 AM - 12 PM
- Wed, Nov 16, 2022@ 8:30 AM - 12 PM
- Fri, Nov 18, 2022 @ 8:30 AM - 12 PM
- Mon, Nov 21, 2022 @ 8:30 AM - 12 PM
This certificate program provides participants with the skills to create effective visual reports and dashboards. Effective data visualization and dashboarding starts with understanding what users need, identifying relevant data, and using appropriate visual techniques, structures, and “stories” to support understanding, insights and action.
VIEW/DOWNLOAD THE BROCHURE
- Learn how to create dashboards that deliver the big picture view
- Understand a six step process to effective visual reporting and dashboards
- Data in tables: When to use tables and when to use visuals
- Benefits and limitations of pie charts, waterfall or bridge charts
- “Pretty” versus effective design
- Dashboard summaries, dashboard types, and when to break the “rules”
- Telling stories with data – “ad-hoc” reports versus fixed format dashboards
- Business Intelligence (BI), data flow, and data sources for dashboards
- Visualization and Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA)
- Introduction to linear regression and predictive analytics
This Certificate program includes pre-course reading and preparation.
Participants will receive an Excel workbook that provides practical instructions on how to build charts and illustrates other techniques covered in the program. You will have the option to put your design knowledge into practice by submitting a post-course project assessment. Successful completion the project assessment will entitle participants to a Certificate from the Institute of Business Analytics (IBA).
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Business professionals who want to understand why traditional reporting often fails to address user needs and who want to improve the clarity and communication of key messages in reports and dashboards.
You might also be interested in our Certificate in Business Analytics and Reporting (i3BAR).
NEED APPROVAL TO ATTEND?
EMPLOYER REQUEST LETTER