- August 14, 2023 @ 6 to 8:30 pm
- August 15, 2023 @ 6 to 8:30 pm
- August 18, 2023 @ 6 to 8:30 pm
- August 21, 2023 @ 6 to 8:30 pm
- August 22, 2023 @ 6 to 8:30 pm
- August 25, 2023 @ 6 to 8:30 pm
Many financial professionals needlessly spend time manually performing repetitive tasks that can be easily automated. An introduction to Excel VBA can result in time savings, reduced errors from repetitive fatigue, greater Excel self-sufficiency and more efficient spreadsheet models.
The goal of this certificate course is not to learn to be a developer, but to enhance the Excel skills and capabilities of financial professionals using simple programming techniques. Business professionals with VBA skills have a competitive advantage in an increasingly demanding workplace.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Read and test VBA code
- Record macros to save coding time and learn new keywords
- Write procedures to automate Excel work
- Debug and correct coding errors
- Create customized Excel functions
- Automate reporting in Excel
The course offers:
- An introduction to the Excel VBA environment and showcases how to record macros to learn keywords
- The knowledge to understand variables, expressions, if-then logic, and looping code
- The ability to debug code to correct errors and examine how code works in real time
- Examples or how to organize code in sub procedures and functions
- An introduction to spreadsheet objects and Excel’s event triggers
- Knowledge on how you can automate charts and file operations
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
This certificate program is designed for financial professionals who manually repeat tasks in Excel, create models that take too long to recalculate or want to develop automated reporting and dashboards.
OPTIONAL EXAM: Participants who complete this course are eligible to write an optional certificate exam. The exam is not mandatory; Certificates of Completion will be awarded only to those who successfully complete the exam. Course email confirmations for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) tracking purposes will be sent to all participants regardless of exam participation.