This event has now passed, please click here to view all available upcoming events and courses
As business environments increase in complexity, the lines between different business functions continue to blur. To remain a strong asset to your business, it is important to cultivate a broad range of value-added skills. Today, the most coveted business leaders are those with an agile base of cross-disciplinary knowledge and abilities.
CPAs and finance and accounting professionals can boost their career trajectory by cultivating their abilities to look beyond the numbers. Taking a big-picture approach and gaining a deeper understanding of the “people” side of the business, including disability management, employment standards and total rewards or harassment policies, is an invaluable asset in the current business climate.
In this two-day certificate program, participants will leverage critical knowledge of the HR function to increase collaboration and cross-functionality within their organizations and lead their businesses (and careers) to new heights.
What You Will Learn:
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Effectively coach team members and manage challenging employees
- Outline harassment policies, the Employment Standards Act and typical investigation proceedings
- Describe best practices related to disability management and accommodation, as well as health and wellness initiatives
- Determine whether standards are being met
What Topics are Covered:
- Recruitment and talent selection
- Managing challenging employees
- Coaching and leadership
- Harassment investigations
- Total rewards
- Disability management and accommodation
- Health and wellness
- The Employment Standards Act
Who will Benefit:
- CPAs or candidates who wish to boost their careers by acquiring human resources knowledge and skills.
- Accounting and finance professionals employed by small- to medium-sized enterprises and tasked with cross-disciplinary roles.