Before registering for this session, please note, it is going to be an in-person session and will be held at the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario office at 130 King St. W. in Toronto. You MUST attend in person to participate, there will not be an option to join this session virtually.
We are no longer asking for vaccine attestation or mandatory masking in our sessions for anything on or after October 1, 2022, but we do ask that you do your best to protect yourself and others. This includes monitoring your symptoms pre-session. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, we ask that you contact us at email@example.com
- Fever above 38
- New onset or worsening of existing cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Loss of sense of smell and/or taste
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Fatigue or exhaustion or loss of appetite
If you have any of the symptoms listed above, please contact to be withdrawn and credited from the session and invited to attend either a future offering of your course or to choose another course and you will not be charged a withdrawal fee.
This full day course provides an understanding of the Governance, Risk and Compliance Programs (“GRC”) and demonstrates how to integrate these Programs with the Company’s daily business activities. It provides a comprehensive understanding of effective governance techniques at all levels including the Board, the Executive Team and management level. The Risk Management portion of the course provides an understanding of Risk Management Methodologies and how to support the governance requirements and how to integrate the program with internal audit, internal control and compliance activities. The third element of the course provides an understanding of effective Compliance Programs and how to integrate these activities with the governance and risk management elements of the GRC program. The course also provides linkage between the GRC Programs and the 2013 COSO.
This course provides a comprehensive articulation of best practices in Governance, Risk and Compliance as defined below:
- Governance – A series of policies, practices, procedures, processes and controls which provide direction, authorities, accountabilities, responsibilities which facilitate achievement of the entity’s objectives.
- Risk Management – A series of policies, practices, procedures, processes and controls which identify, assess and remediate risks which might prevent the entity from achieving its objectives.
- Compliance – A series of policies, practices, procedures, processes and controls which identify, assess and implement compliance with rules and regulations which the entity has to adhere to in order to achieve its objectives.
- Governance Practices
- ERM Programs including the recent Enterprise and Fraud Risk Management Guides issued by COSO
- Compliance Programs
- Effective integration of GRC Practices
- Linkage with the 2013 COSO
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
This course is intended for the Chief Financial, Risk and Compliance Officers, Controllers, Internal Auditors and other members of management who are involved in or desire to develop an understanding of the real issues and values of GRC Programs for all types of organizations.