Increasingly crowded by data, executives are faced with a clear but complex challenge: seeing through the noise. Volumes of data, collected constantly, hold key insights for business leaders, but what are the right questions to ask? How do you interface with data scientists, marketers, and product designers as they interpret and communicate raw information back from the market?
Leading a team that works with data requires some know-how. More importantly, senior leaders need to understand how to organize around data. Structuring teams, hiring for critical capabilities and encouraging an aligned culture all influence how effectively your organization will turn data insights into action.
Offered by The Ivey Academy in partnership with CPA Ontario, Management in the Era of Data and Analytics for CPAs gives a comprehensive overview of practical data analytics and a hands-on look at the mechanics behind Artificial Intelligence. Participants will take a guided look at successful data-driven organizations, drawing best practices on team management, emerging technologies, digital transformation and more. By the end of the course, you will develop a clear strategy for both creating and communicating value using data.
View our website for the full list of upcoming courses
Group rates are available. Save 25% if three or more employees register for the same course. Contact Nirmeen Hasan, VP Learning, CPA Ontario at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Tuesday, July 5, 2022 – 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 7, 2022 – 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 12, 2022 – 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
NOTE: this courses is delivered virtually over ten weeks and includes 38 hours of learning. Expect highly interactive live sessions led by expert Ivey faculty, small peer learning groups, online simulations and self-paced learning journeys within the course.
|Data ownership and leading with analytics||
- Take ownership of data and make data-driven decisions
- Use the lens of analytics to gain new business insights
- Practice managerial intuition using technical insight
- Distinguish between process and outcome
- Quantify trade-offs between rewards and risks
- Engage in simulation-based forecasting and decision-making
|Generating insights and communicating with data||
- Generate effective reports and communicate using data .
- Create persuasive visualizations of data
- Translate data-lingo to business fundamentals
- Form strategies to convert data skeptics
|Leadership and management aspects of analytics||
- Review how to assemble and lead an analytics team
- Promote data-driven culture and dispel “dataphobia”
- Avoid the pitfalls of analytical bias and anchoring
- Understand and use new technologies in analytics to generate value
- Examine the capabilities and limitations of Artificial Intelligence tools
- Track the progress of analytics in your organization
- Share best practices and pitfalls in implementing analytics
- Explore prescriptive analytics
HOW YOU LEARN
This course is deeply experiential, grounded in case research and facilitated by expert faculty from Ivey Business School.
Ivey's real-world case methodology isn't about textbooks and lectures - it's about learning by doing. You will identify specific, practical learning takeaways through deep discussion and simulations, then develop an implementation plan with feedback from other leaders.
Learning methods include:
- Self-paced learning that includes pre-recorded videos, readings and case studies
- Live sessions led by expert Ivey faculty discussion
- Sessions with peers in private forums and guided self-reflection exercises
- Online simulations using realistic challenges where leaders can test action against immediate feedback in individual or team-based scenarios
- Opportunities to test leadership skills in online simulations, apply concepts in critical decision-making moments and navigate team dynamics – just like in real life
- Peer learning sessions to share experiences, exchange ideas and collaborate to solve challenges in virtual breakout groups during larger sessions
- Understand how analytics works and what it can do for you.
- Take a hands-on look at the mechanics behind Artificial Intelligence.
- Learn to navigate new technologies and think critically about data.
- Explore real-world analytics projects.
- Network with other leaders from across sectors and industries.
- Build a personalized "return-to-work" action plan to apply new learning.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
This course is designed for CPAs who are decision-makers in any size of company and forward-thinking leaders seeking to expand their own capabilities and equip their organizations with modern processes and architecture. This course is designed for Managers, Directors, VPs, or Executive Directors who may not necessarily have a background in data sciences. Participants should have at least five years of business experience.
While not required, we often recommend that two leaders from one organization attend together to maximize learning outcomes. This helps to generate dialogue and maximize learning outcomes for your entire team.
Earn Your Certificate in Leadership
The Ivey Academy and CPA Ontario Certificate in Leadership is a collaboration between CPA Ontario and The Ivey Academy at Ivey Business School to deliver professional leadership development tailored for emerging and established CPAs alike.
Learn more about this unique learning experience and how to earn a Certificate in Leadership.
Each completed course awards a digital badge to signify your accomplishment. You can share these badges across social media, websites, portfolios, professional networks and email signatures to highlight your enhanced skill set and expertise.
After completing three courses of your choice, you will receive a Certificate in Leadership. This powerful credential signifies your diverse leadership skill set and ability to manage through disruption.
NEED APPROVAL TO ATTEND?
EMPLOYER REQUEST LETTER