Before registering for this session, please note, it is going to be an in-person session and will be held at the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario office in at 130 King St. W. in Toronto. You MUST attend in person to participate, there will not be an option to join this session virtually.
Please carefully review the visitor protocols for attending an in-person session and ensure that:
- You have completed the Vaccination Status Attestation Form for CPA Ontario Visitors . You must also complete the Covid Health Assessment Form onsite upon arrival at the session.
You will need to complete the COVID Health Questionnaire for every visit.
- Please note that masks must be worn in all common areas and when social distancing is not an option (this includes in the classroom and will be a requirement for all instructors and participants).
- Our training rooms are at 50% capacity to ensure social distancing, and sessions will be capped, so enroll early to avoid disappointment.
- CPA Ontario’s landlord, Brookfield Properties, continues to operate as per WELL Health-Safety Rating protocols, public health guidance, and the Public Health Agency of Canada with respect to precautions for limiting the spread of COVID-19.
This is a five day best-practice learning program that seamlessly interweaves soft skills with vital, functional technical skills that will prepare participants to meet the many challenges that controllers and directors of finance face.
WHY TAKE THE COURSE:
- Learn how to balance soft skills and functional technical skills to meet the challenges that controllers and directors of finance face.
- Use the Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking for Sound Decision-Making Tool to learn your strengths and weaknesses as they relate to developing strategy, reducing risk and other business competencies.
- Enhance your knowledge of financial intelligence, financial planning and reporting best practices, and core financial topics.
By completing this program, you will:
- Gain a strong appreciation of what organizations expect from the controllership and finance directors
- Better understand of how to build your finance team to become a strategic business partner to your organization
- Learn how to manage your time more effectively and make way for financial analysis
- Explore the future role of the management accountant and how the profession is improving outcomes for companies and their business communities
- Use the Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking for Sound Decision-Making Tool to learn your strengths and weaknesses as they relate to developing strategy, reducing risk and other business competencies required by your organization on a day-to-day basis and as you advance your career
Upon completion, participants will have proven methods and techniques they can use in everyday workplace situations and challenges of dealing with complexity and uncertainty.
- Understand what is currently expected of a controller, and the future role of the management accountant
- Enhance your knowledge of financial intelligence, financial planning and reporting best practices, and core financial topics
- Build important skills for financial leaders and organizational business partners
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Current, new and aspiring controllers who wish to equip themselves with the necessary tools to succeed in a controllership role.
NEED APPROVAL TO ATTEND?
EMPLOYER REQUEST LETTER