This certificate course consists of five, two-hour, live, instructor led zoom sessions. The interactive sessions include regularly scheduled breaks and digital breakout rooms for virtual networking and group discussions. All five sessions will be recorded and available for viewing if you miss a day or want to refresh your knowledge.
- Monday, November 14 to Friday, November 18 - 12pm to 2pm EST (daily)
Learn how non-profit organizations and charities differ from their “for-profit” cousins.
Many CPAs work for social purpose organizations or volunteer on non-profit boards. To provide value to these organizations, CPAs need to understand the unique regulatory environment, financial management and financial governance challenges faced by non-profits.
From a compliance perspective, this certificate course will provide an overview of the following topics:
- Useful practices in budgeting and financial reporting
- Accounting standards for not-for-profit organizations (including non-profits and charities)
- How to work effectively with an external auditor or accountant
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) rules and regulations related to non-profits and charities
From a strategic perspective, participants will be introduced to methods to improve financial sustainability, health, performance as well as good financial governance practices to protect the assets and reputations of non-profit organizations and their directors.
- Examine useful practices in budgeting and financial reporting for non-profit organizations and charities
- Understand the regulatory environment that non-profit organizations and charities are subject to
- Learn about the unique financial challenges faced by non-profit organizations and charities
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Professionals who work or volunteer for non-profit organizations or charities. This certificate is also useful for CPAs in public practice who provide services to non-profit organizations or charities and want to understand their unique financial challenges.
NEED APPROVAL TO ATTEND?
EMPLOYER REQUEST LETTER