NOTE: This newly revised course has shifted online into three, full day, live, instructor-led sessions. We have adapted the interactive sessions to include regularly scheduled breaks and digital breakout rooms for virtual networking and group discussions. Recordings of all sessions will be available to all registrants.
Register early to take advantage of our 15% discount!
Thurs, Aug 11 - Thurs, Aug 18, 2022--> 2-3 hour online optional exam to be done on your own time during this week (can be done in parts)
- Mon, Aug 8, 2022 @ 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tues, Aug 9, 2022 @ 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wed, Aug 10, 2022 @ 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
CAREER STAGE: Mid - career
Broaden your corporate finance knowledge and add value to your organization.
The CPA Ontario Certificate in Corporate Finance program will provide aspiring and experienced CFOs with an opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of key corporate finance subject areas in a focused setting. This intensive hands-on course includes group work, case studies, and practical exercises where participants will broaden their knowledge and skills in the corporate finance area. With increased awareness, the program will help you to see opportunities where you can become more involved in your organization’s financial transactions, strategy and structures. Come prepared with a laptop running Excel. as well as a functioning internal microphone to experience the full audio portion of the course. Participants who complete the program are eligible to write an optional certificate exam included in the course. The exam is not mandatory, and Certificates of Completion will be awarded only to those who successfully complete the exam. CPD hours will be granted regardless if the exam is taken.
There is an optional exam included with the course that can be taken after the last session has concluded in Blackboard available for one week
- Improve cash flow forecasting system
- Bank operating lines and margin provisions
- Negotiate with bankers and lenders
- Outline the initial public offering (IPO) process
- Review and improve capital structure
- Calculate weighted average cost of capital (WACC)
- Manage foreign exchange and interest rate risk
- Lease versus buy analysis
- Debt ratings and issuing debt
- Public and private equity offerings
- Cross currency interest rate swaps
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
CFOs, Directors of Finance, Controllers, Treasury Analysts, Senior Financial Analysts, and accounting and finance professionals looking to develop a deeper understanding of specific corporate finance subject areas.
NEED APPROVAL TO ATTEND?
EMPLOYER REQUEST LETTER