NOTE: This course description has been revised to include updates to the course material for 2022. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
This event includes 4 hours of Ethics CPD
Adherence to the CPA Code of Professional Conduct goes beyond a professional obligation: it constitutes a source of pride, value, and competitive distinction. While stakeholders rely on an accountant’s judgment and guidance, ethical dilemmas can create challenges in determining ways in which to implement the best course of action, especially in times of rapid change and uncertainty. This seminar helps participants to develop skills for dealing with ethical dilemmas and using appropriate decision making in their workplaces, to help organizations navigate opportunities and challenges.
The observance of ethics holds significant importance for CPAs, whose commitment to ethical conduct and protecting the public differentiate these professionals from other practitioners and cement their status as essential business leaders. This seminar will provide participants with an opportunity to refresh and update their knowledge of the CPA Code, thus enabling accounting professionals to build competence in interpreting and applying these principles for resolving a variety of realistic situations.
Participants will also explore current and emerging issues in organizations that call for ethical leadership. The seminar emphasizes collaboration and interactivity, as participants will engage with their peers in a variety of activities, including polling questions, small-group discussions, and/or case studies
WHY TAKE THE COURSE:
- Learn by engaging with peers in activities such as polling questions, small group discussions and case studies.
- Refresh and apply knowledge of the CPA Code to build competence in interpreting the principles for resolving realistic situations.
- Gain the skills you need for dealing with ethical dilemmas and decision-making in your workplace.
- An overview of the CPA Code of Professional Conduct across the country, with a more detailed explanation of the requirements in the specific jurisdiction;
- Current and emerging issues in the business environment with implications for ethical leadership, such as adoption of transformational technologies, sustainability, money laundering risks and obligations, and equity, diversity and inclusion;
- Collaborative multiple-choice questions and/or case studies that allow participants to work together in small groups to apply ethical decision-making in realistic scenarios using a decision-making framework.
- Apply research and critical thinking skills to analyze and resolve ethical challenges.
- Identify key ethics trends in the Canadian and global business environments and determine several significant implications for CPAs as business leaders.
- Use the CPA Code of Professional Conduct as a resource for decision-making, on par with other professional standards.
- Interpret and apply the CPA Code to resolve ethical issues when they arise.
- Apply professional judgment in determining the most appropriate action and defend their decisions.
- Plan ways of enhancing their own organization’s ethical culture on an ongoing basis.
This seminar applies to CPAs at all levels of their career and in any type of organization across a wide range of industries and roles.