This newly revised course has shifted online into three, full day, live, instructor-led sessions. We have adapted the interactive sessions to include regularly scheduled breaks and digital breakout rooms for virtual networking and group discussions. Recordings of all sessions will be available to all registrants:
Register early to take advantage of our 15% discount!
- Mon, April 4, 2022 @ 9 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wed, April 6, 2022 @ 9 AM - 5:00 PM
- Fri, April 8, 2022 @ 9 AM - 5:00 PM
- Sat, April 9 - Fri Apr 15--> 2-3 hour online optional exam, to be done on your own time during this week (can be done in parts within the week)
CAREER STAGE: Early Career
Develop your leadership skills by strengthening relationships.
Becoming a manager can be challenging, but it doesn’t need to be overwhelming. The manager development journey of emerging leaders includes supervisory skills while being a role model. This six-part, intensive CPA Ontario manager development program equips participants with the knowledge and leadership skills to effectively oversee a team. Through group work, case studies, and practical exercises, participants will learn skills such as active listening, self-awareness and leading with confidence. At the end of the workshop, participants will have an opportunity to create a personal managerial development plan.
Participants who complete the program are eligible to write an optional certificate exam included in the course. The exam is not mandatory, and Certificates of Completion will be awarded only to those who successfully complete the exam. CPD hours will be granted regardless if the exam is taken.
- Managerial roles and responsibilities
- Effective communication and building trust
- Delegation skills and motivating others
- Conflict resolution and how to handle difficult situations
- How to give constructive feedback
- Legal obligations of managers
- Tips to empower others and influence behaviour
- Principles of effective time management
- Strategies to increase personal effectiveness
- How to set performance goals for your team
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Recent or aspiring managers taking on additional responsibilities and seeking manager development training to contribute to their organization’s strategic planning; managers looking to hone their leadership skills and expertise.
NEED APPROVAL TO ATTEND?
EMPLOYER REQUEST LETTER