Before registering for this session, please note, it is going to be an in-person session and will be held at the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario office in at 130 King St. W. in Toronto. You MUST attend in person to participate, there will not be an option to join this session virtually.
Please carefully review the visitor protocols for attending an in-person session and ensure that:
- You have completed the Vaccination Status Attestation Form for CPA Ontario Visitors . You must also complete the Covid Health Assessment Form onsite upon arrival at the session.
You will need to complete the COVID Health Questionnaire for every visit.
- Please note that masks must be worn in all common areas and when social distancing is not an option (this includes in the classroom and will be a requirement for all instructors and participants).
- Our training rooms are at 50% capacity to ensure social distancing, and sessions will be capped, so enroll early to avoid disappointment.
- CPA Ontario’s landlord, Brookfield Properties, continues to operate as per WELL Health-Safety Rating protocols, public health guidance, and the Public Health Agency of Canada with respect to precautions for limiting the spread of COVID-19.
A common challenge in business is the perception that the financial close process is lengthy, inefficient and cumbersome. Finding additional time saving at month-, quarter- and year-end is critical during these challenging times of increasing complexity in financial reporting, and accelerated reporting and regulatory obligations.
Participants in this seminar will gain a practical understanding of best practices in the financial close processes and learn how to accelerate the financial close process and enhance controls. You will focus on Spreadsheet Controls, which make the whole process of using spreadsheets more effective and efficient and show how to redesign and enhance spreadsheets to reduce the likelihood of error and facilitate the use of spreadsheets as analytical tools.
- How to accelerate the close process and allow more time for management review and analysis
- How to strike a right balance between speed and accuracy without compromising controls
- Financial close best practices and robust controls
- How to create a roadmap to accelerate the close process and enhance related controls
- Spreadsheet risks and controls
- Spreadsheet Control policy
- How to redesign spreadsheets to reduce likelihood of error and facilitate the use of spreadsheets as powerful analytical tools
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
CFOs, controllers and accounting managers who wish to strike the right balance between speed and accuracy for the financial close process, without compromising the internal control environment, and improve controls over the use of financial spreadsheets.