As AI transforms business, the role of CPAs will change with it.
Accounting professionals are well positioned to be the company’s business advisor and take a holistic view of the organization as it adopts new technologies. The ability to assess a business case for AI and guide its implementation is a valuable skill.
This intro-level course is designed by a CPA for CPAs. It takes a practical view of AI applications that are in the market today, providing you with an understanding of how AI works and what it takes to get useful results.
By going through this course, you will gain:
- confidence to get involved in an AI project
- advice on how to make an organization AI ready
- an awareness of regulations, data bias and privacy issues which are increasingly problematic with AI
- the ability to ask critical questions about the training data in any given AI application
- tips on "red flags" to look for when working with an AI vendor
- an understanding of how statistics underlie AI
- basic familiarity with R, a programming language commonly used in AI
Who Will Benefit:
This course is ideal for CPAs who would like to:
- increase their knowledge of AI
- develop their ability to work with data science/AI teams and vendors
- get a sense of what it’s like to use R
No prior programming or AI experience is required.
The course contains instructions on how to get started with R. R is free and open source, but to use it you must have a desktop computer or laptop where you can download and install software. If you are using a company-issued computer that forbids software installation, you may need to find an alternative.