This event includes 7.5 hours of Ethics CPD
This newly revised course has shifted online into two, half-day, live, instructor-led sessions. We recognize that online learning a vastly different experience from an in-person seminar and our instructors have adapted the interactive sessions to include regularly scheduled breaks and digital breakout rooms for group discussions. Our goal is to make your experience more convenient as we navigate the new reality of virtual learning.
June 1, 2023 @ 8:30am - 12:30pm
June 2, 2023 @ 8:30am - 12:30pm
This course provides CPAs with the tools to consider business ethics in specific situations. We examine the impact of ethical behavior on an organization’s bottom line and its stakeholders. We deal with tough ethical issues that board members, managers and auditors encounter in fulfilling their duties. We look at case studies which indicate results of ethical and unethical approaches to business decisions. We also examine the CPA Code of Professional Conduct and how it can guide difficult decision-making.
Members will gain an appreciation for and the confidence to practice principled decision-making in the face of ethically challenging situations. This should result in the member’s personal growth and career development and reduced risk of unethical behavior, which will result in improved overall performance for members’ organizations.
- Gain an awareness of Canadian business ethics standards and expectations
- Understand the fundamentals of the CPA Code of Conduct
- Assess the impact of ethical and unethical behavior on an organization, its stakeholders and its employees
- Identify and address unethical people and situations in the workplace (i.e. Clients, managers, co-workers, etc.)
- Utilize a decision making framework to help resolve ethical problems
- Apply knowledge through case studies to deconstruct ethical dilemmas, their causes, and possible courses of action
- Identify techniques and safeguards to prevent unethical behavior in the workplace
- Analyze and discuss success stories from around the world, and identify key ethical takeaways
- Is there a ROI on ethics?
- Key Principles of Business Ethics
- Code of Professional Conduct for CPAs across Canada
- Dealing with Unethical situations and people
- Ethical decision making – case studies
- Written Corporate Codes of Conduct
- Written Conflict of Interest Policies
- Preventing Unethical behavior in the workplace
- How to implement ethical practices and get positive results
- Learning from global and local success stories
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
All CPA members across Canada in the Corporate, NFP and Public Sector will benefit – including Board members, management, staff and audit positions in those organizations.