New Year seminar sale! Receive 30% off our top seminars
NOTE: This course description has been revised and reflects updates for 2022. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This seminar will provide an information update on recent revisions to the CPA Canada Handbook –Part III, Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations (ASNFPO). In addition, revisions will be discussed to Part II, Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE) where they are applicable to NFPOs.
Participants will first be provided with an overview of changes to ASNFPO, followed by discussion of major projects and impact on NFPOs. Then the revisions and projects in ASPE are discussed that are applicable to NFPOs.
Participants will be able to utilize this information on proposed changes to the standards to provide guidance to NFPOs and board members.
The seminar is best suited to professionals who are involved in the preparation and analysis of financial statements using ASNFPO, practitioners who provide assurance on these financial statements and CPA’s who volunteer on Boards for NFPOs.
- Accounting Standard Improvements to ASNFPO’s Standard
- Combinations – Initial Measurement and Related Disclosures
Matters NFPO Committee
Impact of Covid-19 on accounting for NFPOs
- Contributions Revenue Recognition and Related Matters
- Cloud Computing
- Financial Statement Concepts.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain implications of new standard on Combinations – Initial Measurement and Related Disclosures and projects on Contributions –Revenue Recognition and Related Matters, Cloud Computing and Financial Statement Concepts.
- Summarize future developments in ASNFPO.
- Review matters discussed by Not-For-Profit Advisory Committees.
- Explain amendments to ASPE rent concessions due to Covid-19 and annual improvements that impact NFPOs.
- Identify impact of Covid-10 on accounting for NFPOs.
- List relevant publications (with links).
Participants should be familiar with ASNFPO.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Professionals who are involved in the preparation and analysis of financial statements for NFPO’s and practitioners who provide assurance on these financial statements using ASNFPO.