Elevate your team, your organization and yourself.
Organizations around the world are facing complex, disrupted business environments. For a business to thrive, leaders need to build engagement, empower for high performance, bring about effective change, and develop a culture that is aligned with strategy.
Offered by The Ivey Academy in partnership with CPA Ontario, Leading Performance and Change as a CPA is an executive course where you will develop and enhance crucial leadership skills. Delivered online through an accessible combination of live virtual workshops, simulations, and self-paced online modules, the course helps you develop interpersonal leadership skills while balancing a busy work-life schedule.
This course will explore the challenges of alignment within organizations and teams, helping you develop practical strategies to overcome them in your role as a leader. You will collaborate with other CPAs, sharing unique skills and perspectives to enhance your impact within your organization.
View our website for the full list of upcoming courses
- Monday, May 16 – 5:00 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 25, 2022 – 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 1, 2022 – 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, June 23, 2022 – 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Monday, June 27, 2022 – 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 28, 2022 – 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 13, 2022 – 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 14, 2022 – 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Monday, July 18, 2022 – 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 22, 2022 - 1:30 p.m. to 3:30p p.m.
NOTE: this courses is delivered virtually over ten weeks and includes 38 hours of learning. Expect highly interactive live sessions led by expert Ivey faculty, small peer learning groups, online simulations and self-paced learning journeys within the course.
|Strategy and culture alignment||
- Advance your organization’s strategy by aligning purpose, performance, and people;
- Learn to implement strategy successfully by creating and fostering an organization culture that inspires, motivates, and guides performance
- Collaborate with colleagues at work to diagnose your workplace culture using a qualitative analysis that enable you to identify cultural misalignments and gaps
- Together with other CPA leaders, explore how to overcome persistent challenges related to mobilizing a strong workplace culture
- Understand how to structure teams for success – to improve the chances that a group becomes a high-performing and inclusive team
- Orient yourself for successful collaboration; learn how to adapt and customize ‘best practices’ for high-performing teams in your own context at work
- Practice using persuasion and influence techniques to get people on board with your ideas.
|Coaching for performance||
- Learn how to identify emerging talent within your organization;
- Explore best practices around succession and promotion
- Build the confidence to make tough decisions by using firm data
- Beyond putting the best people into the right positions, unpack the process of developing talent
- Practice one-on-one coaching to bring out the best in team members
|Change in action||
- Discover and combine the ingredients for successful change management in your own context, from external factors to personal credibility
- Practice bringing it all together with a group simulation on organizational change – learn from other leaders and build a strategy for action back at work.
HOW YOU LEARN
This course draws deeply from your experiences as a CPA. It is grounded in case research and facilitated by expert faculty from Ivey Business School.
Ivey’s real-world case-study methodology isn’t about textbooks and lectures. It’s about learning through practice and reflection. You will identify specific, practical takeaways through debates, discussion, role-plays and simulations. You will then develop a personal growth and development plan with feedback from other leaders.
Learning methods include:
- Asynchronous, self-paced learning that includes pre-recorded videos, readings and case studies
- Live, faculty-led sessions featuring expert Ivey faculty
- Discussion sessions with peers in private forums and guided self-reflection exercises
- Online simulations using realistic challenges where leaders can test action against immediate feedback in individual or team-based scenarios
- Opportunities to test leadership skills in online simulations, apply concepts in critical decision-making moments and navigate team dynamics – just like in real life
- Peer learning sessions to share experiences, exchange ideas and collaborate to solve challenges with fellow participants in virtual breakout groups during larger sessions
- Practice effective and equitable approaches to persuasion and commitment-building.
- Adapt your leadership approach and style to contemporary organizational dynamics
- Develop talent in your team by evoking motivation, purpose, and performance.
- Help to drive organizational performance with an adaptable and agile plan for change management.
- Learn to implement strategy through fostering an inclusive culture that promotes high-performance.
- Work in concert with other CPA leaders to find actionable advice for your organization
WHO WILL BENEFIT
This course is designed for CPAs in mid-to senior-level leadership positions with growing responsibilities for their organizations. Executives leading in various functional areas, sectors, and industries will all benefit. Participants should have at least five years of business experience.
While not required, we often recommend that two leaders from one organization attend together to maximize learning outcomes. This helps to generate dialogue and maximize learning outcomes for your entire team.
Earn Your Certificate in Leadership
The Ivey Academy and CPA Ontario Certificate in Leadership is a collaboration between CPA Ontario and The Ivey Academy at Ivey Business School to deliver professional leadership development tailored for emerging and established CPAs alike.
Learn more about this unique learning experience and how to earn a Certificate in Leadership.
Each completed course awards a digital badge to signify your accomplishment. You can share these badges across social media, websites, portfolios, professional networks and email signatures to highlight your enhanced skill set and expertise.
After completing three courses of your choice, you will receive a Certificate in Leadership. This powerful credential signifies your diverse leadership skill set and ability to manage through disruption.
NEED APPROVAL TO ATTEND?
EMPLOYER REQUEST LETTER