Before registering for this session, please note, it is going to be an in-person session and will be held at the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario office in at 130 King St. W. in Toronto. You MUST attend in person to participate, there will not be an option to join this session virtually.
Please carefully review the visitor protocols for attending an in-person session and ensure that:
- You have completed the Vaccination Status Attestation Form for CPA Ontario Visitors . You must also complete the Covid Health Assessment Form onsite upon arrival at the session.
You will need to complete the COVID Health Questionnaire for every visit.
- Please note that masks must be worn in all common areas and when social distancing is not an option (this includes in the classroom and will be a requirement for all instructors and participants).
- Our training rooms are at 50% capacity to ensure social distancing, and sessions will be capped, so enroll early to avoid disappointment.
- CPA Ontario’s landlord, Brookfield Properties, continues to operate as per WELL Health-Safety Rating protocols, public health guidance, and the Public Health Agency of Canada with respect to precautions for limiting the spread of COVID-19.
Analyzing financial statements is no easy task. This seminar focuses on how to analyze financial statements, in particular the lesser known techniques which are becoming more and more important in a world with multiple reporting standards including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE).
Participants will review the proper situations in which to use straightforward financial ratio analysis. They will also learn about adjustments that must be made to statements prior to the use of ratios so financial analysis techniques can be applied effectively, and other measures which must be taken into account, to arrive at a detailed assessment of a company’s financial health.
- Challenges to financial statement analysis due to IFRS/ASPE
- Advanced ratio analysis, DuPont Analysis
- Altman’s Z-score and Springate Z-score
- Financial predictors of company bankruptcy
- Receivables, inventory, fixed assets and leases
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Financial professionals looking to enhance their ability to evaluate the health of financial statements, accounting and finance managers, senior managers, directors, analysts, senior analysts, VPs of Finance, CFOs and bankers.