Winter seminar sale! Receive 30% off our March seminars.
NOTE: This course description has been revised and reflects updates for 2022. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This course has shifted online into two, half-day sessions.
Monday, March 20, 2023, 8:30am - 12:30pm
Tuesday, March 21, 2023, 8:30am - 12:30pm
This full-day seminar provides a detailed technical review of the numerous issues faced when preparing terminal or year-of-death filings.
The last tax return for a deceased individual carries significant implications for the executor and the inheritors under the will. In order to alleviate potential misunderstandings, this seminar provides a detailed technical review of the numerous issues faced when preparing terminal or year-of-death filings.
Specifically, the seminar emphasizes the preparation of returns and related planning for terminal filings. You will receive a review of relevant tax issues, engagement management, updated sources of tax research, and an overview of CRA assessing practices. In order to infuse the seminar with practical relevance, you will prepare and discuss real-life case studies pertaining to terminal filing.
- Engagement management
- Tax filings upon death
- Identification and understanding of detailed compliance issues
- Compliance related to RRSPs and deferred income plan rules
- General compliance relating to terminal filings
- Identification of GST/HST matters
Upon completing this course, you be able to:
- Establish a plan for approaching terminal filing assignments
- Identify and effectively utilize the different types of tax returns that may be filed for a deceased individual
- Identify and address significant issues relating to year-of-death filings
WHO WILL BENEFIT
While all professionals will benefit from this seminar, the seminar particularly targets practitioners who complete individual terminal tax filings and have an interest in understanding related planning strategies.
Prior to enrolling in this seminar, participants should possess knowledge of personal tax and ideally have experience in preparing T1 personal tax returns.