Winter seminar sale! Receive 30% off our March seminars.
This newly revised course has shifted online into two, half-day, live, instructor-led sessions. We recognize that online learning a vastly different experience from an in-person seminar and our instructors have adapted the interactive sessions to include regularly scheduled breaks and digital breakout rooms for group discussions. Our goal is to make your experience more convenient as we navigate the new reality of virtual learning.
March 23, 2023, 8:30am - 12:30pm
March 24, 2023, 8:30am - 12:30pm
As data becomes more complex, and demands on analysis and reporting increase, so does the importance of strong Excel skills. This hands-on workshop is intended for anyone who uses Excel extensively and is already comfortable with the skills that were taught in Managing Financial Data with Excel – Part One. You will leave this workshop understanding how Excel can be used instead of Access. You will also learn how to leverage Excel functions, such as dynamic named ranges, lookups and conditional formatting to improve the efficiency of your data analysis. Reach the next level of learning by attending part two of Managing Financial Data with Excel.
- Excel’s database functions so that Excel can be used instead of Access
- Common uses for the database functions, some of the most under used tools in Excel
- Rationale for using static names when building formulas
- Create dynamic named ranges, one of the most powerful concepts in Excel, allowing users to automatically update graphs
- Some of Excel’s more advanced lookup functions, including the INDEX function, and helpful applications for their use
- Advanced conditional formatting tools to enhance the caliber of analytical output
- Security features, including some lesser-known techniques to protect a spreadsheet
- Data Validation tool to restrict a cell’s contents
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
This seminar is designed for anyone who uses Excel extensively and wants to become more proficient with advanced level tools in data analysis.