Before registering for this session, please note, it is going to be an in-person session and will be held at the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario office at 130 King St. W. in Toronto. You MUST attend in person to participate, there will not be an option to join this session virtually.
We are no longer asking for vaccine attestation or mandatory masking in our sessions for anything on or after October 1, 2022, but we do ask that you do your best to protect yourself and others. This includes monitoring your symptoms pre-session. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, we ask that you contact us at email@example.com
- Fever above 38
- New onset or worsening of existing cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Loss of sense of smell and/or taste
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Fatigue or exhaustion or loss of appetite
If you have any of the symptoms listed above, please contact to be withdrawn and credited from the session and invited to attend either a future offering of your course or to choose another course and you will not be charged a withdrawal fee.
A common challenge in business is the perception that the financial close process is lengthy, inefficient and cumbersome. Finding additional time saving at month-, quarter- and year-end is critical during these challenging times of increasing complexity in financial reporting, and accelerated reporting and regulatory obligations.
Participants in this seminar will gain a practical understanding of best practices in the financial close processes and learn how to accelerate the financial close process and enhance controls. You will focus on Spreadsheet Controls, which make the whole process of using spreadsheets more effective and efficient and show how to redesign and enhance spreadsheets to reduce the likelihood of error and facilitate the use of spreadsheets as analytical tools.
- How to accelerate the close process and allow more time for management review and analysis
- How to strike a right balance between speed and accuracy without compromising controls
- Financial close best practices and robust controls
- How to create a roadmap to accelerate the close process and enhance related controls
- Spreadsheet risks and controls
- Spreadsheet Control policy
- How to redesign spreadsheets to reduce likelihood of error and facilitate the use of spreadsheets as powerful analytical tools
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
CFOs, controllers and accounting managers who wish to strike the right balance between speed and accuracy for the financial close process, without compromising the internal control environment, and improve controls over the use of financial spreadsheets.