This Advanced Tableau course provides next-level training for structuring and connecting data in Tableau to build elegant and professional models. In this course, you’ll combine related data using joins, relationships, and blends to bring data into visuals. We’ll work through a scenario with evolving business requirements. These requirements will need more and more data added to our model as we progress. Each time you do this, you’ll be introduced to new options for joining, relating, and blending data, common problems, and methods for optimizing your data model for performance. By the end, you’ll have learned to think more carefully about the structure of your data, the types of connections you should use, and the performance options that are best for your data.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Build a basic data model using Tableau’s relationship feature
- Optimize data model relationships using performance tuning
- Differentiate between joins, relationships, and blends
- Adapt a data model based on an expanding set of requirements
- Deal with common issues like nulls, many-to-many relationships, one-to-one relationships, and filtering
- Understand how ETL tools can make life easier to create an optimal Star Schema
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
This Tableau course is perfect for professionals who have a solid understanding of data analysis and want to expand their skill set to include basic data engineering in Tableau. This course is designed to equip anyone who desires to begin a career in business analysis—or other roles that require displaying and analyzing data sets—with the advanced skills to create dynamic data-viewing experiences.