Formerly titled: Certificate in New Manager Essentials
This course is delivered online in three, full day, live, instructor-led sessions. We have adapted the interactive sessions to include regularly scheduled breaks and digital breakout rooms for virtual networking and group discussions. Recordings of all sessions will be available to all registrants:
- Mon, Aug 8, 2022 @ 9 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wed, Aug 10, 2022 @ 9 AM - 5:00 PM
- Fri, Aug 12, 2022 @ 9 AM - 5:00 PM
- Sat, Aug 13 - Fri Aug 19--> 2-3 hour online optional exam, to be done on your own time during this week (can be done in parts within the week)
CAREER STAGE: Early Career. Also valuable for existing managers who are looking for an opportunity to reflect on how to refine their managerial and interpersonal skills and strengthen work relationships.
Develop your leadership skills by strengthening relationships.
Being a manager can be challenging, but it doesn’t need to be overwhelming. This certificate course equips participants with the managerial and leadership skills needed to more effectively coach and mentor, set expectations, manage individual and team performance, handle difficult conversations, manage up , and deal with time management challenges. Through group work, case studies, and practical exercises, participants will enhance their self-awareness of their management and leadership style and will learn skills that will increase their capacity to lead and manage with confidence. At the end of the workshop, participants will have an opportunity to create a personal managerial development plan.
Participants who complete the program are eligible to write an optional certificate exam included in the course. The exam is not mandatory, and Certificates of Completion will be awarded only to those who successfully complete the exam. CPD hours will be granted regardless if the exam is taken.
- Managerial roles and responsibilities
- Effective communication and building trust
- Skills related to effective delegation, motivation and performance management
- Leadership skills
- Conflict resolution and how to handle difficult situations
- How to give constructive feedback
- Legal obligations of managers
- Tips to empower others and influence behaviour
- Principles of effective time management
- Strategies to increase personal effectiveness
- How to set performance goals for your team
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Recent or aspiring managers taking on additional responsibilities and seeking manager development training to contribute to their organization’s strategic planning; managers looking to hone their leadership skills and expertise.
NEED APPROVAL TO ATTEND?
EMPLOYER REQUEST LETTER