Before registering for this session, please note, it is going to be an in-person session and will be held at the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario office in at 130 King St. W. in Toronto. You MUST attend in person to participate, there will not be an option to join this session virtually.
Please carefully review the visitor protocols for attending an in-person session and ensure that:
- You have completed the Vaccination Status Attestation Form for CPA Ontario Visitors . You must also complete the Covid Health Assessment Form onsite upon arrival at the session.
You will need to complete the COVID Health Questionnaire for every visit.
- Please note that masks must be worn in all common areas and when social distancing is not an option (this includes in the classroom and will be a requirement for all instructors and participants).
- Our training rooms are at 50% capacity to ensure social distancing, and sessions will be capped, so enroll early to avoid disappointment.
- CPA Ontario’s landlord, Brookfield Properties, continues to operate as per WELL Health-Safety Rating protocols, public health guidance, and the Public Health Agency of Canada with respect to precautions for limiting the spread of COVID-19.
The previously accepted method of building wealth doesn’t work anymore. The truth when it comes to personal finances is simple: People’s quest to secure a comfortable retirement often ends up making them poor and others rich.
The old way to get wealthy was to acquire assets like real estate, stocks and mutual funds using debt and then sit back and let time grow the net worth.
But that strategy is deeply flawed and is going to send many people to the poor house. That’s because it ignores the one basic principle that overrides any wealth-building strategy that anyone who is truly rich knows: What we should really be focused on is not getting rich, but plain old cash flow.
- The Cash Cow strategy. How to employ this simple strategy in your own life including how to identify your greatest source of cash and make sure it keeps on giving. You’ll learn how to employ the strategy for retirement planning purposes including whether to convert your RRSP to a RRIF or an annuity.
- Does money buy happiness? We’ll delve into the relationship. Does a higher income make you happier? We’ll also look at how changing your spending habits can improve your satisfaction level with your life.
- Owing versus renting. You’ll also get assistance making one of the biggest decisions affecting cash flow in most people’s life - renting versus owning - using the “House Rent versus Buy Analyzer” spreadsheet. We’ll also look at the condominium conundrum, a primer on buying a condo as a first home or rental property and the extreme risks that exist.
- Mutual funds. You’ll learn how the sellers of mutual funds employ the Cash Cow Strategy to make themselves rich – at your expense.
- CPP. You’ll learn how to calculate how much CPP pension you will receive, when to elect to start and what rate of return it provides using spreadsheets you will get during the course. We’ll also review of the rocky history of the CPPIB, the current CPP plan surplus, the CPPIB investment strategy and the new enhancements to the CPP.
- Inflation. How the CPI index is measured, explanations of inflation, disinflation, deflation and the real monster – stagflation.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Those interested in helping their clients focus on what really matters – not building wealth the traditional way, but ensuring cash flow.