CAREER STAGE: Mid-career
Solve real problems in the world of finance to advance your career.
This is an advanced course for finance professionals with a foundational knowledge of Python and machine learning. In this on demand, CPA Ontario course, participants will utilize the knowledge and skills learned in Machine Learning for Finance - Python Fundamentals to build machine learning investor classifiers and construct training data sets, testing data sets, and model pipelines.
Explore case studies from investment banking and capital markets applications that are being used today to advise Fortune 500 companies all over the world.
- Identify overfit regression models
- Compare different regularized regression algorithms and decision tree ensemble algorithms
- Explain the confusion matrix and its relation to the ROC curve
- Perform advanced data cleaning, exploration, and visualization
- Engineer features based on conditional relationships between existing features
- Build and finalize a machine learning classifier
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Finance professionals who have a foundational knowledge of Python and machine learning. This course is designed for professionals in sales and trading, investment banking, capital markets, asset management, treasury management, corporate development, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), or students working towards a career in these areas.