|DAY 1 AGENDA |
|7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.||Networking|
|8:30 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.||Opening Remarks|
Host: Paul Copcutt, Personal Branding and LinkedIn Strategist & Consultant, Paul Copcutt Unlimited
CPA Ontario: Craig Smith, Executive Vice-President, Member & Student Services
|8:45 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.||Opening Keynote|
Speaker: Linda Nazareth, Economist, Author, and Broadcaster
Description: From globalization to urbanization to dealing with demographic change, the world we know is morphing into a different planet with different economic opportunities and challenges. What are the trends taking today into tomorrow, and what are the trends that are resulting from the shift? In ‘Economorphics’, Linda Nazareth talks about the dozens of things she sees happening, and the challenges – and opportunities they present to the economy, the labour market and the financial markets – and to your industry as well.
|9:45 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.||Main Session|
Speaker: Garth Sheriff, CPA, CA; Founder of Sheriff Consulting
Topic: Recruitment Strategy for Hybrid Workforces
Description: The recruitment of talent in the age of hybrid work has changed. It requires an understanding of the current deeds of the workforce and the development of a tailored strategy. We will explore:
- The challenges of recruiting talent in the current environment,
- Research on critical attributes the current workforce is looking for in an organization,
- How to develop a tailored recruitment strategy for a hybrid workforce.
|10:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.||Coffee Break|
|11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.||Interactive Main Session|
This session will be recorded.
Speaker: Jean-Guy Talbot, FCPA, FCGA; Founder & CEO, RêveNew Practice Management; Founder & CEO, Talbot & Associates
Topic: Pricing Products & Services / Marketing
Description: In this interactive session, attendees will learn:
Pricing Products & Services
- The art of determining the value of services and products provided
- Techniques to improve the client’s perspective on the value of products and services provided
- How to discuss billing with a client
- Training and motivating your team to properly value and discuss amounts charged with clients and prospects
- When it’s appropriate to charge by the hour rather than using a fixed pricing mode
- Why you should market your business
- How a marketing plan is created
- How to establish a budget for your marketing initiatives
- Ways to measure the results of your marketing efforts
- The role company culture plays in marketing
- Practical ways you can promote your business in various markets
|11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.||Breakout Session|
This session will be recorded.
Speaker: Joel Shapiro
Topic: No Accounting for Turnover: Employee engagement, development, and retention
|12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.||Lunch|
|1:15 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.||Interactive Fireside Chat|
Moderator: Rosanna Lamanna CPA, CA, Partner, Audit and Accounting at Fuller Landau
Speaker: Jennifer McCann, CPA, CA, CEO of FocusCPD Inc.
Topic: Quality Assurance Management
|2:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.||Main Session|
Speaker: Manu Kakkar, CPA, CA, CGA, TEP, MTax
Topic: Current State of Surplus Stripping
|2:15 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.||Breakout Session|
NOTE: This session will be recorded.
Speaker: John Mill
Topic: How Does 10x-ing Value Work in an Owner-Managed Business?
|3:15 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.||Coffee Break|
|3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.||Closing Keynote|
Speaker: Coming soon.
Topic: Coming soon.
|END OF DAY 1 |