This is part one of a four part series. Details on part two, three and four coming soon!
The ISSB ESG Symposium aims to educate learners on what to expect in relation to IFRS S1 and S2, the first two Global ESG Reporting standards that the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) is currently working to publish this year.
The Symposium will explain the need for a global set of ESG standards, highlight the unique role that accountants have played in development and explain potential challenges and reliefs associated with standards implementation.
The content is relevant for you whether you are curious about the new ESG reporting standards or will be directly responsible or accountable for complying with these standards by January 1, 2024.
The course offers:
- A first glance into what is expected of accountants and finance professionals in relation to the new ISSB ESG Standards
- A look behind the scenes into the development of these standards and their potential impact
- A technical review of the IFRS S1 and S2 exposure drafts and potential concerns
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the need for global sustainability standards
- Compare the new ESG standards to existing standards like GRI and ESRS
- Clarify the role of accountants in the development of new ESG standards
- Examine the exposure drafts on IFRS S1 and S2
- Highlight the proposed reliefs and potential challenges in implementation
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
All CPAs and finance professionals who will be working either directly or indirectly to comply with the new ESG Reporting Standards by the effective date of January 1, 2024.