Before registering for this session, please note, it is going to be an in-person session and will be held at the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario office in at 130 King St. W. in Toronto. You MUST attend in person to participate, there will not be an option to join this session virtually.
Please carefully review the visitor protocols for attending an in-person session and ensure that:
- You have completed the Vaccination Status Attestation Form for CPA Ontario Visitors . You must also complete the Covid Health Assessment Form onsite upon arrival at the session.
You will need to complete the COVID Health Questionnaire for every visit.
- Please note that masks must be worn in all common areas and when social distancing is not an option (this includes in the classroom and will be a requirement for all instructors and participants).
- Our training rooms are at 50% capacity to ensure social distancing, and sessions will be capped, so enroll early to avoid disappointment.
- CPA Ontario’s landlord, Brookfield Properties, continues to operate as per WELL Health-Safety Rating protocols, public health guidance, and the Public Health Agency of Canada with respect to precautions for limiting the spread of COVID-19.
This seminar is aimed at exposing participants to advanced techniques in building spreadsheets to be used in the planning and accounting process. Participants will work hands-on along with the facilitator on a practice data-file with supplied examples and learn techniques in managing and consolidating data, and in constructing powerful formulas including tier-based lookups. Participants will also work on examples that bring out the power of Pivot Tables in managing data and reports, examine techniques for representing accounting data effectively, discover tips and tricks to link data and build formulas spanning multiple sheets quickly, and many other tips and tricks to enhance output and increase productivity.
- Techniques in consolidating data including the Data Consolidation feature; Sum vertically with 3-D referencing
- Using the power of custom number formats to ensure reporting of data in professional ways while maintaining the integrity of data and avoiding having to reconcile rounding-off errors
- Learn key concepts of building spreadsheets for use in an organizational setting – protecting sheets, and good practices in spreadsheet development
- Use the powerful Name Range feature for creating formulas with ease and explore advanced techniques in using Names in formulas
- Explore how lookup based formulas can be used for tier-based calculations like tax tables or commission structures
- Learn how to create dynamic datasets that are self-expanding and automatically include new data into downstream analysis
- Use Pivot Tables with Excel data or link to external data with Slicers for creating various finance or accounting related reports (includes techniques for version 2013+)
- Tips and Tricks – Shortcuts, Auto-outlines, reporting tricks, more…
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
This seminar is designed for those who are involved in making budgets, plans, recurrent reports, or whose work involves consolidating data, tier-based calculations, and reporting data.