- Thursday, August 11 @ 8:30am to 12:30pm
- Friday, August 12 @ 8:30am to 12:30pm
CAREER STAGE: Mid-career
NOTE: To get the full experience of this live, interactive course we recommend you join five minutes prior to the scheduled starting time, and use a computer that has video and microphone capabilities.
Strategic planning is a critical process which leads to the success of every organization.
However, many organizations do not fully understand or integrate risk management into their strategic decisioning process. The downside of this is huge and can include reputational impacts, regulatory fines, and large financial losses.
This CPA Ontario course has shifted online into two, half-day sessions which will provide the basis on how to successfully integrate risk management decisioning into strategic planning. A conceptual framework will be applied to each participant’s organization.
It is helpful that participants are involved in strategic decisioning in their organizations.
- UNDERSTANDING / REVIEWING base concepts of Risk Management
- IDENTIFYING the risks arising from an organization’s external and internal environment relative to impacting the achievement of their strategic objectives
- ASSESSING / PRIORITIZING the critical risks
- REVIEWING how the critical risks are mitigated now
- DETERMINING what, if any, additional actions should be taken to mitigate further
WHO WILL BENEFIT
CPAs who have a base knowledge of risk management and are responsible for leading the development of organizational mandates and strategic objectives. Applicable to small business, larger for profit organizations, not for profit or government.