Formerly titled: Certificate in New Manager Essentials
Before registering for this session, please note, it is going to be an in-person session and will be held at the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario office in at 130 King St. W. in Toronto. You MUST attend in person to participate, there will not be an option to join this session virtually.
Please carefully review the visitor protocols for attending an in-person session and ensure that:
- You have completed the Vaccination Status Attestation Form for CPA Ontario Visitors . You must also complete the Covid Health Assessment Form onsite upon arrival at the session.
You will need to complete the COVID Health Questionnaire for every visit.
- Please note that masks must be worn in all common areas and when social distancing is not an option (this includes in the classroom and will be a requirement for all instructors and participants).
- Our training rooms are at 50% capacity to ensure social distancing, and sessions will be capped, so enroll early to avoid disappointment.
- CPA Ontario’s landlord, Brookfield Properties, continues to operate as per WELL Health-Safety Rating protocols, public health guidance, and the Public Health Agency of Canada with respect to precautions for limiting the spread of COVID-19.
- Mon, Dec 12, 2022 @ 9 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tues, Dec 13, 2022 @ 9 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wed, Dec 14, 2022 @ 9 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thurs, Dec 15 - Thurs, Dec 2 --> 2-3 hour online optional exam, to be done on your own time during this week, online (can be done in parts within the week)
Develop your leadership skills by strengthening relationships.
Being a manager can be challenging, but it doesn’t need to be overwhelming. This six-part, intensive CPA Ontario manager development program equips participants with the managerial and leadership skills needed to more effectively coach and mentor, set expectations, manage individual and team performance, handle difficult conversations, manage up , and deal with time management challenges. Through group work, case studies, and practical exercises, participants will enhance their self-awareness of their management and leadership style and will learn skills that will increase their capacity to lead and manage with confidence. At the end of the workshop, participants will have an opportunity to create a personal managerial development plan.
Participants who complete the program are eligible to write an optional certificate exam included in the course. The exam is not mandatory, and Certificates of Completion will be awarded only to those who successfully complete the exam. CPD hours will be granted regardless if the exam is taken.
WHY TAKE THE COURSE:
- Learn through group work, case studies and practical exercises. Become self-aware of your management and leadership style and learn how to lead and manage with confidence.
- Learn the skills to be an effective leader and coach. Become a more effective mentor who sets expectations, manages individual and team performance, handles difficult conversations, manages up and deals with time management challenges.
- Create your own managerial development plan to implement in your career.
- Managerial roles and responsibilities
- Effective communication and building trust
- Skills related to effective delegation, motivation and performance management
- Leadership skills
- Conflict resolution and how to handle difficult situations
- How to give constructive feedback
- Legal obligations of managers
- Tips to empower others and influence behaviour
- Principles of effective time management
- Strategies to increase personal effectiveness
- How to set performance goals for your team
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Recent or aspiring managers taking on additional responsibilities and seeking manager development training to contribute to their organization’s strategic planning; managers looking to hone their leadership skills and expertise.
NEED APPROVAL TO ATTEND?
EMPLOYER REQUEST LETTER