FLASH SALE Now Until December 11 receive 25% off ALL December Seminars
This is a refresher course for CPAs in public practice, updating their knowledge and practice of Ethics in the Accounting profession. The participants will test themselves on their knowledge, work on actual problems individually and in small groups, and discuss cases to help them understand the difficulties that may exist, and that the best decisions in a particular situation are not necessarily obvious. The instructor will review the Code of Professional Conduct (CPC), decisions of the Discipline Committee, as well as other relevant sources with emphasis on interacting with clients and governmental authorities. In addition, the theory of Ethics will be reviewed. The attendees will find that they are better able to recognize potential problems and act to reflect best practices in their own accounting firm.
- A better awareness of potential problems
- An appreciation for the ethical/moral practice of accounting
- A working knowledge of the CPC, together with its interpretations
- A refreshed understanding of the requirements of the Institute and Public Accountants' Council
- Enhanced abilities in dealing with clients, staff, and peers
- A pro-active approach to "best behaviour"
- Theory of Ethics
- The "Public Interest"
- Ethics of the Profession
- Rules & Principles
- The Code of Professional Conduct
- Conflicts in Ethics
- Recognizing Problem Situations and Problem Clients
- Resolving Conflicts of Interest
- Understanding Independence in Public Practice
- What to do when things go wrong
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
This seminar is designed for CPA members across Canada - in public practice