This program has been developed in partnership with HRPA.
CAREER STAGE: Mid-career
This course contains 1 verifiable ethics hour
- Day 1 - Tues, March 21, 2023 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Day 2 - Wed March 22, 2023 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
There will be a 2 hour lunch break scheduled each day
NOTE: This newly revised program consists of two, online full-day, live, instructor-led sessions. The interactive sessions include regularly scheduled breaks and digital breakout rooms for virtual networking and group discussions.
As business and work environments change, the lines between different functions continue to blur. To remain a strong asset to your business, it is important to cultivate a broad range of value-added transferable skills. Today, the most coveted business leaders are those with an agile base of cross-disciplinary knowledge and abilities.
CPAs and finance and accounting professionals can boost their career trajectory by cultivating their abilities to look beyond the numbers. Taking a big-picture approach and gaining a deeper understanding of the “people” side of the business is an invaluable asset in the current business climate. Participants will leverage critical knowledge of the HR function to increase collaboration and cross-functionality within their organizations and lead their businesses (and careers) to new heights.
KEY TAKEAWAYS - DAY ONE
- Laws and Regulations Every HR Professional Should Know – Part 1
- Laws and Regulations Every HR Professional Should Know – Part 2
List and identify what legal knowledge HR Professionals should have, risks associated with luck of such knowledge, and ways to learn about workplace law.
KEY TAKEAWAYS - DAY TWO
- Strategic HR Management & Planning
- Talent Acquisition, Recruitment and Selection – Best Practices and Pitfalls
- Diversity & Inclusion – Efforts that make difference and bring results
- Organizational Culture: Definition, Importance, and Development
- A Shift in Perspective: How Health and Safety Impacts Human Resource Management
NEED APPROVAL TO ATTEND?
EMPLOYER REQUEST LETTER