Spots are first come first serve. With limited seating, be sure to book early! Passport holders are not eligible for discount.
Before registering for this session, please note, it is going to be an in-person session and will be held at the Vantage Venues in Toronto, Ontario. You MUST attend in person to participate, there will not be an option to join this session virtually. After the session, you will be invited to join your classmates at Scotiabank Arena to see the Raptors vs. Chicago Bulls. CPA Ontario will host you in a private box which includes a buffet dinner and an assigned seat, with a cash bar. Someone from the PD Learning Team will be in touch with you closer to the session date with more logistical details and your ticket to the game.
THIS EVENT INCLUDES:
- Course begins at 2:30 pm and ends at 6:30 pm.
- Game starts at 7:30 p.m.
- The course will cover 4.0 CPD hrs.
There are no withdrawals or refunds after registration for this course.
In this session, we will explore the world of data. We will take a look back to how we got here, the value it brings, and look at how it has helped organizations unearth insights. We will also explore data-related trends like machine-learning and the advent of ‘trusted data’ - exploring blockchain, NFTs, payments modernization. In terms of troubles, we not only look at the security and privacy issues, but also discuss the hazards associated with social data and big tech. We close the session with the “Capture, Process, Analyze, and Act” model; a practical way to extract insights from the data that resides within the organization.
Upon taking this course, you will learn:
- Value of Data: Understand the value of data for both organizations and the economy
- Key Trends: Explore the link between data and the machine-learning revolution as well as trends in “trusted data” (e.g., blockchain, NFTs, payments modernization, etc.)
- Key Risks & Issues: Address security and privacy risks (e.g., Cambridge Analytica) and the societal issues that come with social media data and algorithms
- What can go wrong with data models: Understand the underlying fallibility of models that can result in incorrect decisions and wider “fallouts”
- Practical considerations: Provide an overview of how CPAs can go from data to actionable insights
Exploring the societal issues and the practical CPA2 model is for all CPAs. Practitioners will enjoy the discussion around “trusted data”, exploring blockchain/NFT technology. Members in Industry will appreciate the broader discussion around value and use-cases.
Raptors + PD Seminar Event Jersey Giveaway
Other limited time MLSE events include:
February 24th 2:00 – 6:00pm: Maple Leafs Game & PD Event: Canadian Business Ethics with Arun Mathur.
March 17th 2:00 – 6:00pm: Maple Leafs Game & PD Event: The Power of Influence and Negotiation with Jordan Rodney, MaxPeople HR.
March 22nd 2:30 – 6:30pm: Raptors Game & PD Event: Professional Ethics: Psychological Safety and Transformative Technology with Garth Sheriff.
April 4th 2:00 – 6:00pm:
Leafs Game & PD Event: Coaching for Greater Performance with Gabriella Fermo.