Increase your competitive advantage with improved data quality and accurate reporting.
In this course you will learn how to use Power BI, a collection of software services, apps, and connectors that convert your data into meaningful insight. Along with data sourcing and preparation, the course will cover data modelling and visualization. Data modelling is a valuable process that can reveal visual patterns and make data more easily understood.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
1. Understand the basic concepts of data analytics and leverage Power BI to determine what your data means and to convey that meaning clearly to others.
- use self-provisioning to work with Power BI
- identify Excel functionality related to Power BI
- establish data sources
2. Source and prepare data from numerous files, database and web sources for use in Power BI.
- understand how Power BI uses data from files, databases and online sources
- use Quick Insights in the Power BI Service to generate interactive data visualizations
- understand the Power BI Gateway and how to configure it
- consider instances when data should be combined
- explain how row values can be grouped together and filtered to remove unnecessary data
- ensure data is in a form that is usable for querying and visualization in Power BI
3. Use Power BI for data modelling and visualization to reveal patterns and relationships.
- identify when to use Data and Relationship Views in Power BI Desktop
- explain DAX, including syntax and create a DAX measure formula
- create visuals to quickly convey messages from large datasets by creating reports, custom dashboards, and using KPIs to measure progress
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
IT technicians and business analysts who need to analyze data utilizing Power BI.