This course has shifted online into two, half-day sessions.
December 12, 2023, 8:30am - 12:30pm
December 13, 2023, 8:30am - 12:30pm
Research shows that stress management is a vital contributor to enhancing work performance, reducing interpersonal friction, diminishing mood swings, and ultimately to achieving an increased sense of personal control. The first step in coping with stress is to fully understand what it is all about. Then, armed with sound information and practical advice, participants can handle their challenges more comfortably.
This workshop is based on the premise that people can learn to understand their own response to the particular stressors in their lives. Then they can develop a problem-solving approach that will help them reduce the negative impact from these stressors. They will also increase their learning from and resilience to these stressors.
- Use a problem-solving approach to find solutions to unpleasant stress
- Identify the negative coping methods used previously and substitute positive ones
- Understand that procrastination multiplies stress and develop a “do it now” approach
- Appreciate how people deplete their willpower, and give in to temptation
- Use some quick and easy stress reduction techniques
- Build resilience with powerful coping skills
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
This seminar is for people who want to develop their resilience by coping more effectively with the inevitable difficulties of life and by learning new strategies to reduce their unpleasant stress.