CAREER STAGE: Any
NOTE: This course is a live webinar. You must attend the live course to receive verifiable CPD hours. We recommend you join five minutes prior to the scheduled starting time. To get the full experience of this interactive course, use a computer that has video and microphone capabilities.
Learn how to integrate ESG strategies into financial operations.
Businesses of all sizes are under increasing pressure from regulators, consumers and employees to consider how their operations impact environmental stewardship, social issues, animal welfare and political diplomacy. This CPA Ontario webinar will provide a concise overview of environmental, social and governance (ESG) strategies and resources for accountants.
ESG is a system of record-keeping and governance that demonstrates and verifies an enterprise's commitment to a sustainable global economy. Participants will gain an increased situational awareness of green reporting and corporate social responsibility principles, and will create an ESG action plan that can be used immediately to transform corporate impact.
Before taking the course, it is recommended that participants review the 2021 Integrated Reporting International Framework Report as well as the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion website.
- Identify key environmental, social, and governance (ESG) trends and resources
- Review the principles of green reporting and corporate social responsibility
- Discover the importance of sustainability, environmental stewardship, social issues, diversity, equality, inclusion, animal welfare and political diplomacy in the workplace
- Describe trending issues and challenges faced by accounting operations when undertaking social and human capital accounting
- List the six capitals of ESG and understand how they are an emerging metric for corporate performance reporting
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Practitioners seeking to integrate ESG strategies into decision-making and financial operations.