Breakout Sessions (Please select one)
Cybersecurity and Data Protection: Mitigating Potential Risks
Imran Ahmad, Partner, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP; Specializing in Cybersecurity, Privacy & Technology Law
Amir Eftekharpour, Privacy, Cyber Security, & Intellectual Property Lawyer, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
Increasingly, organizations are concerned about cybersecurity, privacy, and digital matters. Senior leadership teams want to know how their organizations are vetting third-party service providers and implementing best practices to prevent cybersecurity incidents — especially in the finance and accounting industry.
One thing is clear: Data protection is swiftly becoming more important than protecting physical assets.
In this session, our speakers will discuss what sort of cyber threats organizations face, how they can prevent them, and what steps they need to take in the event of cybersecurity incident.
They will also address the following key issues:
- Common cyber threats facing the financial industry
- Canadian privacy and data protection laws
- The pitfalls of outsourcing data processing activities outside of Canada
- Why protecting confidential and personal information is not just an IT issue
- Best practices to be implemented prior to a cybersecurity incident
- How to effectively respond to a cybersecurity incident
People Leadership Stream
Best Practices in Managing a Multigenerational Workforce
Michael French, Regional Vice President, Robert Half Canada
Now more than ever, the workforce is comprised of multiple generations. Each generation has different work styles and values, but ultimately organizations benefit from tapping talent from the collective group.
This presentation explores:
- Generational behaviours and expectations in the workplace
- Challenges and opportunities inherent in working across generations
- Timely advice to help you manage and retain members of all generations
Compliance & Legislation Stream
How to Score Top Controller Jobs in the GTA and What They Pay
Kevin Jeewan, CPA, CGA, Vice President, Permanent & Search Services, Lannick
Competition for Controller roles has reached an unprecedented high — what are you doing to stand out from the crowd?
In this session, a prominent recruitment expert will explain how candidates are differentiating themselves to secure Controller positions with Canada’s top employers. Also covered are compensation trends and steps you can take to maximize your base salary.
Walk away with:
- Insight into what the GTA’s leading hiring managers are looking for in their next Controller
- Actionable steps to raise your professional profile (and your salary)
- An understanding of the factors impacting Controller compensation by industry and company size
- Knowledge of in-demand candidate skill sets and hot industries