This course has shifted online into two, half-day sessions.
Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 8:30am - 12:30pm
Thursday, June 2, 2022, 8:30am - 12:30pm
This seminar is aimed at exposing participants to advanced techniques in building spreadsheets to be used in the planning and accounting process. Participants will work hands-on along with the facilitator on a practice data-file with supplied examples and learn techniques in managing and consolidating data, and in constructing powerful formulas including tier-based lookups. Participants will also work on examples that bring out the power of Pivot Tables in managing data and reports, examine techniques for representing accounting data effectively, discover tips and tricks to link data and build formulas spanning multiple sheets quickly, and many other tips and tricks to enhance output and increase productivity.
- Techniques in consolidating data including the Data Consolidation feature; Sum vertically with 3-D referencing
- Using the power of custom number formats to ensure reporting of data in professional ways while maintaining the integrity of data and avoiding having to reconcile rounding-off errors
- Learn key concepts of building spreadsheets for use in an organizational setting – protecting sheets, and good practices in spreadsheet development
- Use the powerful Name Range feature for creating formulas with ease and explore advanced techniques in using Names in formulas
- Explore how lookup based formulas can be used for tier-based calculations like tax tables or commission structures
- Learn how to create dynamic datasets that are self-expanding and automatically include new data into downstream analysis
- Use Pivot Tables with Excel data or link to external data with Slicers for creating various finance or accounting related reports (includes techniques for version 2013+)
- Tips and Tricks – Shortcuts, Auto-outlines, reporting tricks, more…
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
This seminar is designed for those who are involved in making budgets, plans, recurrent reports, or whose work involves consolidating data, tier-based calculations, and reporting data.