This course includes 4 hours of Ethics CPD.
Explore the relationship between ethics and psychological safety, and ethics and new technologies.
PART 1 – PROFESSIONAL ETHICS AND PSYCHOLOGICAL SAFETY
Psychological safety is a belief that you are free to share your thoughts and not be punished for speaking your mind. It is an important area of research in the field of organizational behaviour.
In the first part of this ethics course, you will examine current research to understand psychological safety for organizations and teams better. You will learn ways to assess and improve psychological safety for both organizations and teams.
Current research has shown that organizations and teams with higher psychological safety are more productive, creative, and happier. And teams and organizations that have higher psychological safety make better and more ethical decisions.
However, research also shows that psychological safety is fragile within organizations and teams. Critical events such as new leadership, organizational strategy changes and external situations (such as a pandemic) can adversely affect an organization's psychological safety.
PART 2 – PROFESSIONAL ETHICS AND TRANSFORMATIVE TECHNOLOGY
Transformative technology is defined as technology that fundamentally changes our interaction with each other and information. These technologies have also been less optimistically labelled as disruptive innovation.
The second part of this ethics course will introduce the transformative technologies of big data, artificial intelligence (AI) and blockchain and help participants understand the ethical implications of using these technologies.
These transformative technologies are starting to affect our day to day lives. However, the ethical implications of them are not fully understood in terms of privacy, professional judgment and an environmental, social and governance (ESG) perspective.
- Understand what is meant by the term psychological safety
- Understand the importance of psychological safety to decision-making and ethics
- Identify the benefits of improving psychological safety within teams and organizations
- Explore examples of organizations with both high and low psychological safety
- Define the term transformative technologies
- Understand three transformative technologies: big data, artificial intelligence and blockchain
- Understand the relationship of privacy, professional judgement, and environmental social and governance (ESG) to these transformative technologies
- Identify the ethical considerations and implications of each of these three transformative technologies
WHO WILL BENEFIT
Organizations and individuals looking to understand the ethical implications of psychological safety and three transformative technologies; big data, artificial intelligence and blockchain.