Explore how Human Capital Management (HCM) and Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) are critical considerations for a corporation’s performance, welfare and identity. This course covers aspects of corporate pressures, talent management practices, employee engagement, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) and others. Learn how to navigate and explain HCM and ESG performance through skills, capabilities, new roles and responsibilities, and adapting to new business models.
Participants will receive HCM training that covers financial performance indicators and the many factors that affect them, such as DE&I, employee engagement and safety in the workplace. Internal and external considerations for a company will be examined, as well as measuring and evaluating performance for reporting. Expect to look at risks and opportunities for the financial services industry and practices to build and improve ESG and HCM efforts.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define Human Capital Management (HCM)
- Understand the impact that HCM has on company performance and corporate identity
- Identify common HCM practices and issues that impact stakeholders
- Explain financial risks and performance risks associated with HCM
- Compare key HCM metrics and how they are used to evaluate a company
- Recommend effective HCM solutions.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Investment professionals, management consultants, and financial analysts, as well as investor relations teams and senior managers at both private and public companies.